Share your thoughts and ideas with others on Riverwoods.
Purpose and focus of the group
Ecological restoration is needed at scale. But to date, it has been difficult to identify sources of funding that go beyond traditional government spending and philanthropic support. Riverwoods is a ‘Spotlight Project’ initiative within The £1 Billion Challenge that is being used to help develop this model in Scotland.
The Finance Group brings together a range of organisations and individuals to advise on the finance aspects of Riverwoods. This includes discussing approaches to finance, developing proposals and overseeing delivery of the finance mechanisms deployed in the project. Secretariat support is provided by the Scottish Wildlife Trust.
The group is taking an open approach to membership, engaging both invited stakeholders and interested stakeholders, some of whom were previously involved in the £1 Billion Challenge. Please get in touch if you would like to join the group or find out more.
- Ruchir Shah (Chair), Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Alan Wells, Fisheries Management Scotland
- Bruce Wilson, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Cain Blythe, CreditNature
- Catherine Preston, SEPA
- Clare Cooper, Bioregioning Tayside
- Dan Bass, CreditNature
- David Tollick, Perthshire Nature Connections Partnership
- David Walker
- Deryck Irving, Green Action Trust
- Ed Heather-Hayes, Fife Coast and Countryside Trust
- Elle Adams, Living Alive
- Henry Leveson-Gower, New Economic Knowledge Services
- Jaboury Ghazoul, Centre for Sustainable Forests and Landscapes, University of Edinburgh
- James Hepburne Scott, Forest Carbon
- James Stuart, One Planet Consulting/Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park
- Jo Pike, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- John Casey, Sniffer
- John Goffin, Kana Earth
- John Rowan
- Julia Clough, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Keith Marshall, The James Hutton Institute
- Kerry Waylen, The James Hutton Institute
- Louise Bond, SEPA
- Louise Wilson, Abundance Investment
- Luke Comins, Tweed Forum
- Lyndsay Mark
- Mike Thornton, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Neil Birnie, Conservation Capital
- Nicola Melville, SEPA
- Paul Jepson, Ecosulis
- Paul Sizeland, Fisheries Management Scotland
- Pat Snowdon, Scottish Forestry
- Patrick Jean-Martel, NatureScot
- Sarah Robinson, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Simon Herko, Iconic Blockchain
Want to contribute?
If you have questions, suggestions or comments about the work of the Riverwoods Finance Group, please head over to our Ideas Wall where you can share your contribution and see the evolving conversation. Please get in touch if you would like to join the group or find out more.
You may wish to take a look at some of the questions that the Finance Group are currently considering below.